Saint Vincent Basilica Parish was formed on April 16, 1790 when Father Theodore Brouwers, O.F.M. purchased the 300 acres of land called “Sportsman’s Hall Tract” and thus founded Sportsman’s Hall Parish. The parish was later placed under the patronage of Saint Vincent de Paul and so was called Saint Vincent Parish. With the formation of the parish came, obviously, a need for a cemetery; thus, Saint Vincent Cemetery dates to those early days when Saint Vincent was the first Catholic parish in Pennsylvania west of the Allegheny Mountains.
A quiet walk through the cemetery will reveal headstones from many generations. Many websites now assist geneaologists and family members with finding the details of a loved one’s final resting place.
To read more about our Mausoleum and the artwork within, click on the link below.